Starting date: As soon as possible
Number of positions available: 1
Salary: $16.00 to $23.00 per hour, according to experience
Work schedule: 44.00 h – Full time
Job status: Permanent
Work shift: Day, Evening, Weekend
Techville is the GTA’s Number 1 Tech Center! We pride ourselves on a positive and motivated work environment where we encourage staff to continually learn and use their skills, providing additional opportunities and growth to those who put forth the effort. We are located in Oakville, Ontario at 574 Kerr Street and are close to the highway and public transit.
- Weekdays from 8:45 AM to 9:30 PM
- Weekends from 9:45 AM to 6:30 PM
- Two days off per week
Hourly $14 – 17, Benefits.
Further information available following an interview.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate the installation, configuration, and testing of system hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Verify functionality of device hardware and software
- Call customers with updates on their work orders.
- Assist customers over the phone and in person.
- Assist staff by effectively communicating any issues and their solutions so they can pass this information on to the customer.
- Effectively communicate with the customer to convey the issue(s) with their device and the quote to repair them.
- Additional tasks as deemed necessary by management.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities: Education:
High School Diploma or Higher
2+ years of experience in electronics repair.
- Understanding of various operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, and others.
- Thorough understanding of technology and IT principles and the ability to effectively communicate these concepts to a varied
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively.
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required.
- Industry certifications/memberships a plus.
- Knowledge of various device components.
- Able to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment.
- Multitasking and prioritization of tasks.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- May be required to reach with arms and hands and lift heavy objects such as computer towers.
Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please no applicants from abroad, only those who are legally able to work in Canada.
|Level of education||Diploma||Work experience(years)||Written languages||Spoken languages|
|undetermined||Completed||3-5 years||En : Intermediate||En : Intermediate|
– Accidental death insurance
– Company discounts
– Company supplied uniform
– Computer purchase program
– Dental insurance
– Flexible hours
– Free parking
– Life insurance
– Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
– Public transportation nearby
– Social activities organized by the company
– Vision care insurance
Techville is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
© 2019 TechvilleGroup. All Rights Reserved.