Website Developer (WordPress)
Description & Requirements
Term: Permanent / Full Time
Availability: Weekdays Flexible Schedule ( 40 to 44 hours per week ). Two Days Off per week.
Qualifications: College Diploma in Website Development or Higher
- Expert level:18-21/hr
- Experienced level:16-18/hr
- Entry level (paid training): 14-16/hr
- Depending on candidate’s experience, we may discuss commission opportunities.
- Health Benefits
- Edit, maintain, and update responsive web pages.
- Improve the quality, usability, and feel of our web properties.
- Implement redesigns on existing WordPress sites.
- Work with the Marketing team to implement digital marketing strategies on all websites.
- Work along with the IT team to implement improvements to our SaaS platforms.
- Ensure all websites are SEO optimized.
- Google Ads Management would be a great asset
- Graphic Design would be a great asset
- Social Media Management & Advertisement would be a great asset
- You have experience under your belt maintaining and updating WordPress websites and working with WordPress plugins.
- You have experience with WP Engine Hosting
- You are all about building visually appealing and easy to use interfaces for responsive websites.
- You’re constantly plugged in to emerging technologies/trends and apply them to your day to day operations.
- You take initiative and own your work. We move quickly around here, and although we’re a close-knit team, you’ll thrive if you’re self-motivated and able to prioritize a variety of responsibilities on your own.
- Proven track record of successful development and maintenance of websites and web-applications
- An understanding of the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO
- Exposure to Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console are an asset
- Exposure to ecommerce solutions such as Shopify or WordPress WooCommerce.
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and an experimental approach. Each task has a hypothesis to be tested, evaluated and improved upon
- You love to stay updated on new standards, technologies, and trends in website development, design and delivery
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with fellow team members
- You’re great at time management, which lets you meet deadlines, work under pressure and multi-task with ease
- Develop, maintain and debug all of Techville’s websites, including new features and functionality
- Recreate specifications, ensuring responsive design, with HTML and CSS across multiple operating systems, browsers, and devices
- Monitor web traffic and ensure that the website is prepared to meet traffic demands and performance expectations
- Configure WordPress, add and modify templates, web pages, forms, and upload media
- Manage and maintain integration of third-party applications and servers
- You will manage the Google Ads account and find ways to improve it so that it brings better results daily
- You have working knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator and are able to create in-store signs, posters, and other promotional material